Sunday, December 28, 2008

Wondering- Queens Park Rangers 0 Watford 0

It can make or break your day. Especially one like today. We've been out for a lovely day at my cousins house. Our kids have spent all day playing with her kids. We've eaten well, had buckets of tea, had lots of laughs and a lovely time.

But from 3 I kept wondering. And wondering. And I think would it be rude to start checking my mobile?

Eventually I quietly disappear to the loo and then discover I can't get a signal.

My son wants to watch Spongebob. Cool, I'll sneak a look at Sky Sports News whilst looking for Nick Toons. Oh, they don't get the sports package.

So I have to hang on wondering.

But this makes the way home a bit more exciting. Maybe we've won. Maybe we've won well. Or maybe we've been thrashed. The defence has let us down again?

The expectation has built and built. I dash in the house leaving my wife to sort out the kids. I ignore the dogs who can't believe that having been on their own for 6 hours the first human through the door has no interest in saying hello to them. I get to the computer and wait the 10 seconds or so it takes for it to get going and go to the BBC website

Oh, nil nil. Not even an exciting nil nil. A 'the only thing to say about it is Priskin and Helgusson heading wide' type of nil nil.

Oh well.