Saturday, April 11, 2009

Ill- Watford 1 Barnsley 1

With my kids you can tell when they are really ill. They say they feel ill a lot. Especially if they've got to go to school or do some homework. However two minutes after saying it they are often playing trampolines on the sofa or asking for some chocolate. If they are really ill they will just flop around on the sofa and show little interest in anything sweet and you think 'Oh my god they really aren't well'.

My equivalent of this is football. I might say I've got some sort of Man Flu at times but should the 'Orns be at home I'll still somehow find the strength to go.

Not today. My body is in the throws of fighting some sort of flu like virus and the last thing I felt like doing was sitting on a hard plastic seat out in the cold for two hours. Oh my god I'm really not well.

Still doesn't sound like it was a classic. Good to see us creep up to 14th. We could end up in the Top 10 if we really tried. But unfortunately we seem to have decided to let the season peter out. I reckon we might do okay against Cov and Derby but both Birmingham and Norwich will want it more than us. Hopefully, by the time Brum come to the Vic I should be back to wanting to go no matter what, even if the result is likely to go against us.