Thursday, September 03, 2009

"He's a big lad, but uncompromising"

I do like the above quote from Paul Hart about Mike Williamson. Absolutely right mate. You'll find it especially true when a bigger club than yourselves comes calling. Not that I imagine they will.

Its very galling to see MW get exactly what he wanted all along. In the same way that Tommy evaded Judas, I'd hoped we'd manage to transfer him to somewhere undesirable like Blackpool rather than him having the satisfaction of getting just want he was looking for after refusing to play on Saturday. I don't wish him physical harm as some on the WO forum have wished for, but do hope he returns to the Vic soon in an opposition shirt so he can fully appreciate what his actions meant to those who'd previously lauded him.

It's hard to know what to want for Portsmouth now. On Sunday I was really willing them on against Man City with Tommy Smith playing. I suppose if Tommy could score loads whilst the defence leaks goals, Pompey go down but Smudger gets snapped up by an even bigger club and we get a decent sell on fee. That'll do nicely.