Sunday, January 31, 2010

Watford FC- On This Day by Matt Rowson

Without a game report to write I thought it was about time I got round to reviewing the club's most recent publication.

I hope you won't get the wrong idea when I say this is the perfect toilet book. Its been sitting in my loo since Christmas and is guaranteed to keep me in there longer than I necessarily need to be.

Top Bsad and Bhappy contributor Matt Rowson has come up with a perfect mix of stuff you expect to find, stuff that adds more colour to our history and stuff that you had no idea about.

I love the anecdote about the Birmingham playoff tickets and also the revelation that a top flight manager once missed a game against us because he was on a family holiday.

If you are even a half hearted Watford fan there is content here that you'll enjoy. I'm already looking forward to Matt's next book, a Watford FC Miscellany which is cleverly plugged on the cover sleeve. However, despite it saying 'out in 2010' apparently it won't actually be out until next year.

To buy Watford FC- On This Day click here to go to the club's online shop.