Friday, March 26, 2010

A Message from Malky

Had an email today from Malky. Obviously not to me personally, but to all those who have 'Watford in their hearts'. However I've not seen it on the OS so I thought I'd share it here.

I know I've been critical about the whole 'get behind us' thing but fair play to Malky. I do geniunely believe he is 100% committed. None of us want relegation and from kick off for the remaining 9 games I've no doubt the fans and the players will give their all to try and ensure our survival.


Please support us!

I’m writing this message today to everyone with Watford in their hearts. I wanted to communicate with you directly, rather than through the media columns that get reported after every match, to personally ask for your support over the next nine very tough and very crucial games for this Football Club.

I am fully aware of the emotional rollercoaster ride that Watford fans have been on over recent years – some extreme highs and some disappointing lows too. We are coming towards the end of what was always going to be a very difficult season where we have all been involved in transition – on and off the pitch.

My message to you today though is please stick with us and give all your energy to support your team through to the end of the season. The atmosphere at the Ipswich game last Tuesday made a real difference and I thank you for that.

I look at my staff and my players every single day and challenge them to be strong enough to represent this Club. I’ve said from day one that I will not tolerate anyone who doesn’t give everything they’ve got – especially the players who I know are a young, honest group and have truly given 100% in a yellow shirt this year.

I can promise you I will leave no stone unturned to ensure we get the wins needed this season to keep us up. When times are tough supporters will always question the manager and I’m ok with that. I just ask that over the next five home games and four away games you do all you can to fully support the 11 players who are wearing the shirt.

The time really is now. I am 100% committed to you and this Club. This is a fight and we’re in it together.

See you tomorrow.

Malky