Saturday, September 22, 2007

Compact- Queens Park Rangers 1 Watford 1


Drove to South Ruislip and got a very fast Central Line train to White City. I was at the ground by 1.50 as the station is less than half a mile away.

I liked Loftus Road a lot. For a start it had the biggest loo's I've ever seen inside a football ground and it was also very compact. You feel like your seat is right on the pitch. I was amazed that the capacity is around 18,000 as everything is so close you'd imagine you could only get about 5000 in there.

I was wearing my San Francisco 49'ers sweater and a steward came and had a chat to me because he used to live in San Fran when he was in the marines and had been a 49'ers Season Ticket holder for two years. I was very impressed! He also said he did stewarding at Wembley and so was going to see the Miami v NY Giants game there in October.

The chatting continued as I sat next to an older lady call Phyl who had 3 children and whose husband had died last year. She had been a Watford supporter for years and it was the thing she did on her own. She was very chatty about Watford and families and was a good person to sit next to.

The game was one we should have won easily but we just didn't get the luck and ended up drawing 1-1. Adam Johnson scored our goal early in the 2nd half but QPR equalised within 10 minutes. It didn't even help when they had a man sent off for two bookable offences late on.

I left the ground quickly and there was a train in the station when I got there. I got back home by 5.40! Only slightly later than if I'd gone to the Vic.