Saturday, February 07, 2009

P-P Y?

During the daily lunchtime trawl through various websites at work yesterday I checked out the BBC Weather forecast for the following 24 hours. For the first time all week there was not one snow symbol shown at all. I was surprised then when the following page I looked at, which was the OS, told me the Southampton game was already off.

This morning, for the first time this week, upon looking out the window I didn't think to myself how dangerous it would be taking the car out.

Living in High Wycombe as I do, I decided the snow must be much much worse in SW Herts. However I've just come back from my Mum's in Croxley Green and the snow levels are pretty much on a par.

So why on earth then was the game postponed? Apparently we wanted to make the decision before Southampton set off yesterday afternoon?? Maybe I misunderstood but I thought we were playing the Hampshire based financially struggling Saints rather than some foreign club who had to leave over 24 hours before hand to ensure they made it for 3pm on Saturday afternoon. Crazy.