Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sorry Brendan- Blackpool 0 Watford 2

Events over the last eight days have seen a massive shift in my way of thinking.

For the first time in ages I felt we'd win today. The only surprise when the first goal popped up on Sky's vidiprinter thing was that Mike Williamson scored it. No surprises about who got the second.

Looking through the remaining fixtures I now feel confident we'll stay up. I am looking forward to, no actually, can't wait for the Palace game such was the enjoyment of Tuesday night. At 10am this morning I was half planning to jump in the car and make the four hour trip up to Lancashire. Only a look from my wife persuaded me it was a better idea to stay home and entertain the kids.

Its not just things happening on the pitch but off it too. The news that Brendan took the time and trouble to visit those in the Peace Hospice and also seeing him interviewed on Soccer Saturday has melted anyway any worries of the second coming of a dis-interested Chelsea man to ruin our club.

If they served it I'd order a large slice of Humble Pie from the Chinese tonight. But as the charming girl who answers the phone has trouble understanding my orders anyway I think I'll stick to Deep Fried Chilli Beef. Its the thought that counts though so let me place it on record now. Sorry Brendan.