Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Jay and Scott

Feel sorry for the guys although I was concerned that if they played out of their skins we might be looking at even more of a revolving door during the transfer window.

Despite losing to Brazil, I'm sure Jay will enjoy what little holiday he'll have after the 'perfect game' comments following the victory over Spain.

However, I do seriously worry about Scott. Psychologically what happened on Monday must have been extremely damaging. I think he was lucky to have Andy Murray ensuring that his error with the second goal wasn't staring out of every back page in the country. Even so, the comments that were made by the papers were not exactly sympathetic to either his age or the long distance he has come in such a short time.

I hope someone at the club is in contact with him whilst he recharges his batteries to ensure he can bounce back strongly. Otherwise we could be looking at a keeper with very fragile confidence when the season kicks in again.