Friday, December 25, 2009

Watford v Nottingham Forest- Previously...

Apologies for a rather truncated preview but I've only got five minutes between putting various toys and games together (why can't they come ready to play straight out of the box??) and helping to get the Xmas lunch ready. For the same sort of reasons I won't be at tomorrow's game.

The first time we met Forest was in the first FA Cup after World War 2 when ties were played over two legs. We drew both games 1-1, the second of which went into unlimited extra time but eventually had to be stopped due to fading light and bad weather. A replay was held at White Hart Lane which we surprisingly won 1-0.

In all we've played 38 times, winning 10, drawing 14 and losing 14, scoring 46 goals to their 56. At home we've met 19 times and have a positive record which surprises me as I remember Forest as one of those rare teams that usually managed to beat us in the glorious 80's. We've won 6, drawn 8 and lost 5 scoring 24 and conceding 22.

Last time out we won 2-1 at the Vic back in March with Raziak and Priskin getting the goals.

I'm being called to clear the table so I better go. Merry Christmas.