Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What's Going On?- Part 2

Its difficult to know what to say really.

My opinion of Simpson and Ashcroft has gone down even further, if that's possible. I just don't see what good can come out of threatening to remove Jimmy and Vince when they've been single handedly keeping us going.

However the Russo's actions in resigning without telling GT what they were up to doesn't put them in as good a light as if they'd waited for what seemed to be the inevitable and got voted off.

I can kind of understand the bloody minded revenge part of them instantly calling back in the loan. But if it was me, my love for the club would prevent me from doing anything that puts us in jeopardy. By their actions it doesn't seem they really get our club like we hoped maybe they did.

Those that are commenting on the WO site that this is the end and RIP and all that I think are just over-reacting. Sadly many clubs have been in this position before, and many more will after us, but, whatever happens, clubs usually manage to survive in one form or another as long as there are supporters who truly care.

I do worry about the 10 point deduction. With it we'll be just outside the relegation zone. How the players and fans react will determine whether the rest of the season will become a drawn out battle to avoid the drop, or whether we'll continue an even more unlikely challenge for the playoffs.