Friday, August 10, 2007

Expectations

So here we go then. It all starts tomorrow and I'm off to Molineux.

I have absolutely no expectations whatsoever. I have various scenairos in mind about what could happen but if you asked me which one will happen I've not a clue. I guess I'd say I'd be surprised if we went down, surprised if we went up automatically but any finish between 3rd and 21st wouldn't be a surprise at all.

If Aidy manages to keep us at the higher end of the table for the majority of the season he should be fine.

If we spent much of it in the lower half then there will be a sliding scale of how far down we are and how long Aidy might survive.

He should be under no illusion though that in a very short time Ray Lewington went from being a manager we were surprised we'd managed to hang on to for such a long time to being shown the door.

Any bad patches and the success of two seasons ago and the FA Cup Semi Final place will soon be forgotten and Graham Simpson will start to wonder if he can get himself another Aidy with the same results.