Thursday, August 23, 2007

Home

I thought about going to football on Sunday and Monday of this week. I wondered about going to see the girls in their first ever Premier League Match against Birmingham.

However on closer inspection the home games are in Letchworth (look out for the guns!). This is closer to 'the lot up the road' than it is to the Vic! So I'm afraid I didn't bother in the end. I will try and get to one game. Preferably when we play Everton to see the gorgeous Rachel Unitt (great name, great girl). Or maybe away to Arsenal as at least that will be slightly closer to home!?!

Talking of Borehamwood that was the venue for Mondays reserve game against Aldershot Town. Again I thought about going but the slog round the M25 from Buckinghamshire eventually persuaded me against.

I really do wish that Watford home games were played at the Vic. Had the ladies and reserves been there I would have gone both times. I know Borehamwood isn't miles away but when you're coming a bit of a distance anyway those extra miles end up making the decision for you.

If I was in charge I'd chuck Saracens out of the ground (sorry rugby fans but you'd survive, just look at Wealdstone!!) and put the reserve games back at the Vic and invite the ladies to play there too. If I could find a way I'd even have the academy games there. It is our home after all and playing anywhere else just doesn't feel right.