Monday, November 03, 2008

Aidy Leaves

Can't quite believe it. I know I always predicted that Simpson would be ruthless if we didn't start well, but I never saw this coming. I guess 'cos we've not started badly we just haven't had any luck. Three defeats on the bounce when we've scored 5 goals isn't exactly a crisis. A couple of wins and we would've been comfortably mid table. Defensively we've certainly got problems but I can't remember a better attacking line up since 2006.

Its weird because I was only saying to my Dad today that I thought Simpson would stick with Aidy even if we got in serious trouble because it would deflect criticism from him and the board.

By acting as he has I think the Simpson out protests will now start in earnest. However this will partly depend on who he brings in.

If its someone we like and respect the fans might sit back and see what happens. I can't help feeling that John Ward leaving Carlisle today isn't just a coincidence.

With the club up for sale I just hope we don't end up with some stupid Newcastle type situation.